For the convenience of our customers, the Town of Antigonish has implemented a number of alternatives for paying tax bills, utility bills, parking tickets and other miscellaneous Town payments;
- Use your bank’s internet or telephone banking system to pay tax bills, utility bills and parking tickets online.
- Use your debit card when paying in person.
- Leave your payments in a secure drop box located at the main entrance to the Town Hall (door closest to the corner of College/Main)
- Contact the Billing Clerk to initiate an equal billing payment program or to set up for pre-authorized payments for your Tax and Utility accounts.
Town Electric Utility Billing
Domestic bills are issued every two months, while commercial billings occur monthly.
Town Water Utility Billing
Domestic bills are issued quarterly every three months, while commercial bills occur bi-monthly every two months.
Parking Violations Payment
Parking tickets can be paid in-person at Town Hall or online. For information on how to pay your parking ticket online, please read on.
In Person or By Mail
Drop by the Town Hall or mail a cheque to:
Town of Antigonish
274 Main Street
Antigonish, NS B2G 2C4
To pay your utility bill, tax bill, or parking ticket online, you will need to have online banking set up through your bank. To do this you would need to add the Town as a new payee and search for Antigonish (Town) Taxes/Utility. The payee appears differently through different bank services, and appear as:
- RBC: Antigonish (Town) Taxes/Utilities
- Scotia Bank: Antigonish (Town) Tax/Utility
- CIBC: Antigonish (Town) Taxes & Utilities
- Credit Union: ANTIGONISH, TOWN PROP TAX
- Bank of Montreal: Antigonish Town of Taxes and Utilities
- Telpay Online: ANTIGONISH (TOWN)
- Tangerine: Antigonish Town of Taxes and Utilities
To complete your transaction, select the payee according to your bank. For the payee account number, add the eight digit account number shown on your invoice and delete the decimal point. For all parking tickets you will need to add two zeros to the beginning of the 6 digit parking ticket found at the top right hand corner of the ticket.
Credit Card Payment Option
The Town of Antigonish is pleased to add an additional payment option for customers interested in using their credit card to pay their bill. Customers have the opportunity to make tax, utility and parking ticket payments. The Town of Antigonish has partnered with Paymentus Corporation to bring you the convenience of paying by credit card. Paymentus Corporation is a third party automated payment service that accepts Visa or Mastercard.
How do I access this service?
Customers should be ready with:
1. The account number of your tax oir utility bill, OR parking ticket number (located on your invoice).
2. The balance owed on your bill, and
3. Your credit card
To access the service you can Call toll free 1-866-283-9814 and you will be linked to a secure automated telephone payment system powered by our bill payment partner, Paymentus Corporation, OR you can CLICK HERE to be transferred to a secure webpage powered by our bill payment partner, Paymentus Corporation. Once on the page, you will (1) enter the payment information including the account number (excluding the decimal and for all parking tickets you will need to add two zeros at the beginning), credit card details and payment amount. (2) You will be asked to confirm to pay a convenience fee. (3) You will be provided with a confirmation number if the transaction is successful.
How will my payment be confirmed?
The Town will receive instant notification of your payment and it will be posted to your account the next business day. Paymentus will send you an email containing details of your transaction including your confirmation number.
Why is there a Service Fee?
Paymentus charges a fee to use their service. The fee covers payment handling and processing charges.
Is the Town of Antigonish getting any part of the fee?
The Town of Antigonish does not receive any part of the service fee. Paymentus is an independent company providing a service for the Town of Antigonish and those customers who wish to pay by credit card.
For more information, please contact our Corporate Services Department about your electric, water, or parking-related bill mayments.