The mandate of the Planning Advisory Committee is:
- to advise and make recommendations to Council concerning planning and development as they relate to the Town of Antigonish;
- to gather information on matters affecting planning and development;
- to advise Council respecting the preparation or amendment of planning documents and respecting planning matters generally;
- to provide a forum to hear and consider representation from any individual, organization or delegation with respect to planning;
- to take other steps consistent with this policy that the committee reasonably deems necessary to carry out its mandate;
- to take action on such matters as are lawfully delegated to it by statute or by Council.